Welcome to the Canada Place Child Care Society web site- Fun and Learning in a Positive Environment.
The Canada Place Child Care Society (CPCCS) daycare has provided over two decades of quality child care in Edmonton. We are an accredited child care facility and are licensed by Alberta Children’s services. Our faciliity is located on the 2nd floor (South) of Canada Place (9700 Jasper Avenue). The daycare consists of a large indoor gym, six children’s rooms, and our own outdoor playground. Subsidies are available to qualified families based on criteria set by the government.
We offer child care for children ages birth to six years. Our program focuses on age-appropriate play and learning opportunities. All children are involved in our educational and fun activities including music, art, cooking, storytelling and recreation. Throughout the year our children will go on field trips, walks, and other activities designed to foster their social, emotional, and physical development. We are viewed as a model child care centre by Grant MacEwan College and the University of Alberta Nursing Program, and our facility is used for student practicum placements on a regular basis.
Our daycare offers
- Planned, fun activities which foster and support children’s growth and development – physically, socially, emotionally and intellectually. Examples include games, projects, cooking, walks, playground play, library visits, trips to local museums etc.
- Learning through play, which helps meet your childs developmental needs – examples include sand and water play and educational toys
- Arts experiences to enhance children’s creativity and imagination
- Field trips
- Math and reading readiness
- Hot lunches and two snacks are prepared daily by an on-site cook.
- Our meals fulfil 2/3 of the Canada Food Guide’s daily recommendations
- The food we serve to the children is nutricious, balanced, and made from scratch whenever possible.
- Our rooms are large and bright
- We have an indoor gym with toys designed to foster gross-motor development
- An outdoor playground is located adjacent to the building in a quiet area.
- Many areas nearby are used for indoor and outdoor walks with the children, including frequent visits to the nearby Stanley Milner Library.